can't build firefox 1.0.4 on 4.10

Timothy Smith timothy at open-networks.net
Thu May 19 15:37:01 PDT 2005

Kris Kennaway wrote:

>>>Make sure your freetype port is up-to-date and that you don't have
>>>stale freetype files installed from a previous non-ports install or
>>>

>>>from a previous version of the port that you did not upgrade
>>

>>>correctly.  Use pkg_which from the portupgrade package to do this (see
>>>the manpage).
>>>
>>>Kris
>>>

>>ok maybe we have found the problem here
>>pkg_which freetype2-2.1.7_3
>>freetype2-2.1.7_3: not found
>>
>>yet pkg_info see's it
>>

>That's not how you use pkg_which (please read the manpage!), but
>you've also inadvertently shown that you need to take the first part
>of my advice.
>
>Kris

yes sorry i jumped in without reading the man page for it's useage.
however some digging and a few other helpful emails and TA DA!!! it works!!!
i portupgraded freetype2, and then firefox built successfully.
i was under the impression that portupgrade looked after dependencies
like this on it's own however? is it possible in my fiddling around i
screwed up something which prevented portupgrade upgrading freetype2?
fyi i upgraded gaim and some other stuff successfully, so everything
seems OK

thanks for everyones help and patience, it's what makes freebsd superior.