FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE, PHP 5, MySQL 4.1 (and ftpd)

Can Berk Guder cbguder at su.sabanciuniv.edu
Thu May 19 11:06:44 PDT 2005

Hi there,

I have two trivial questions:

1. I've just installed these packages on my fresh 5.4-RELEASE system
using "pkg_add -r":

* apache-1.3.33_1
* mysql-server-4.1.10a
* php5-5.0.3_2

However, since php5-mysqli isn't in the 5.4-RELEASE packages
collection, I
can't install php5-mysqli, and therefore PHP 5 is of no use for me. I've
updated my ports collection using cvsup, however php5-mysqli requires
php5-
5.0.4.

Anyway, is there any way that I can install these packages from
either the
ports or the packages collection, or should I switch the whole system
to 5-
STABLE? Since I'm using a customized kernel, it'd be much easier for
me if I
could just use the packages collection.

2. I uncommented the necessary lines in /etc/inetd.conf to allow
ftpd, but I
still can't connect to localhost using FTP. What else do I need to do
to run
the FTP daemon?

Regards,
--