Multiple Apaches

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at apropo.ro
Tue May 17 16:25:27 PDT 2005

On Tue, 17 May 2005 16:00:42 -0700
David Marshall <dmarshall at gmail.com> wrote:

[ ... ]

> Should I plan on repeating the what I did before, which is to maintain
> an apache installation separate from ports?  Or is there some clever
> way to have ports install stuff in different places under different
> names?  For instance, I'd like to have www/apache2 installed in the
> default location and install www/apache13-modperl with some PREFIX,
> telling it to disregard any CONFLICTS?  Can I give a ports
> installation a different DISTNAME so that it's in the package database
> under some other name?

 ( This would be a question for ports@ )

Ports do not conflict if having different PREFIX. You don't need (and
don't want) to play with DISTNAME.

You will want to pay attention to LOCALBASE also, for dependencies
checking (PREFIX is where the ports installs, LOCALBASE is where it
checks for dependencies; see Porters Handbook and bsd.ports.mk. for
details).

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"