ssh to new ip...

Bagus bagus at cox.net
Tue May 17 14:10:53 PDT 2005

Hi,

I'm moving my new freebsd 5.3 box to a new static ip address and I'm worried
that once I put it at the isp, I won't be able to ssh to it or anything.

Right now it's still at home and has dhcp. I'm not able to ssh from my
windoze box over to it thru my router. I'm getting a connection refused
error. Trying to ssh from another box on the net isn't successful either.
The operation times out.

I am able to ssh to that address from the box itself tho. Is this a firewall
issue or maybe more of a thing with my dhcp provider?

How can I tell?

Thanks,

Bagus