Spam Problems

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Sun May 15 10:25:58 PDT 2005

Jerry Bell wrote:
>>web script. The sender was specified as "www at myhost.com" according to the
>>complaint email. I use phpBB, vBulletin and Awstats.
>

> Most likely the attacker used a flaw in phpBB or awstats.  Are you running
> the latest versions of those?  Otherwise, it is possible they found a
> vulnerability in something else you were running, like apache, php, etc.
>
> Jerry
> http://www.syslog.org

In addition to what Jerry states, visit the Postfix site. Learn how to
setup, configure, and manage Postfix.

If not done right, you may have set it up to be a relay - and that's not
a good thing.

Lock down Postfix. Ensure you understand all he things you did to it, in
the end you may find out you set something wrong, or added something you
should not have.

--
Best regards,
Chris

The one ingredient you made a special trip to the store
to get will be the one thing your guest is allergic to.