daily log reports

parachute at optonline.net parachute at optonline.net
Sat May 14 23:03:35 PDT 2005

On 5.3 everything was working fine, I would be emailed daily/weekly/
monthly log reports. But now after upgrading to 5.4 I am seeing all
those log report emails being queued up in postfix.

The problem is it is trying to connect to the wrong IP...
the machines default IP is 1.1.1.1 (for simplicity) which is
hot.domain.tld and ip alias on the machine is 1.1.1.2 which is my
mail.domain.tld
According to maillog it keeps trying to connect to 1.1.1.1 to deliver
to root at host.domain.tld and it gets refused...

Back on 5.3 it never did this... it sent mail properly, I think by
using the localhost address...

I don't think this is a postfix problem but probably something
changed on how daily log reports are sent/handled? Anyone have any
idea on where to start?