pthread compiler issues

vizion at ixpres.com vizion at ixpres.com
Wed May 11 11:20:20 PDT 2005

Twas said by " Kent Stewart" and my ignorance encourages me to join the
dialogue

> You have a messed up installation. I don't have 5.3 but I am running
> 5.4-stable. You are trying to update things in a hap hazard manner.
> Stop what you are doing and develop a consistant environment.
Humph -- I built this machine with 5.3 about 2/3 weeks ago but I am
beginning to think that my first cvsup was not properly configured and I
messed up that way.

> First of all, you need a current xorg installed. Don't bother with
> anything else until you can do a "portupgrade -fR xorg".
That is underway right now.

> You pthread problem is very similar.

That one seems to have been solved with my upgrade of dri

> You have ports installed from
> different vintages. They changed the pthread technology around 5.2.1.
> When they did that, you could add a /etc/libmap.conf, or do it properly
> and recompile everything that uses threads. It is pay me now or pay me
> later.
How would I know what uses threads?
BTW
I am a fully paid up member of the "Do it properly" club but I have had to
make many contributions to the fine box when I have been caught out
breaking the rules!!

M0TAU is a UK call equivalent to US extra -- speak to you later

Thanks again

David

Thanks for your help