OT how to register with google ?

Ed Stover estover at nativenerds.com
Mon May 9 18:35:02 PDT 2005

Fabian Keil wrote:
> S t i n g r a y <fasi_74 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>Well i have a opensource softwares website which i use
>>to promote open software such as freebsd in my region,
>>i have registered with google so many time sine soo
>>long time , stil

Google uses dmoz alot for it's spidering, get your site listed there.
Good META Tags are a good idea as well.
Here is a tutorial i snapped off of google real quick.
http://searchenginewatch.com/webmasters/article.php/2167931
Making your site and index page with your robots.txt file is a good idea
too.... Here is a tutorial for that too.
http://www.searchengineworld.com/robots/robots_tutorial.htm

Most of all like google says is that it takes a little while to get into
there spidering list...

PS use your robots.txt to block microsoft's spider it can easily consume
every ounce of your bandwidth on any type of interactive pages....