ipfw + natd => some sites won't work :-S

Frank de Bot freebsd at searchy.nl
Mon May 9 16:19:21 PDT 2005

Emanuel Strobl wrote:

> The problem is the same: IP-IP tunneling reduces TCPs mss which the linux
> box doesn't fix. ICMP will work of course, TCP with full payload won't.
> I don't knwo how/why you tunnle IP into IP on that linux box, but that's
> the point where you have to dig.
>
> Good luck,
>
> -Harry

Which tunnel forms don't experience the reducing of mss? I've chosen for
a ipip tunnel because it was a tunnen solutions which seemed to be the
most simple. Once I got that working I was planning to change it to VPN
or IPSec tunnel.
I got my reason for having that tunnel between the boxes (Server 2 is a
server far apart from Server 1)

Frank