vmware with WinXP as guest....

Eric Schuele e.schuele at computer.org
Sun May 8 19:25:07 PDT 2005

Hello,

I'm interested in vmware (or vmware comparable solutions)... and can't
seem to find a suitable source of info.  I know its in the ports.  I've
done a fair amount of googling... but everything seems to be regarding
running it with an XP host and a FreeBSD guest.  I am looking for info
on the reverse.

I am interested in issues regarding installation and configuration.  I
have a need to run WindowsXP as the guest OS... and would like info on
any 'gotchas'.  Will I need a license of any sort?  Anyone using this
config?  etc...

I am running 5.4-STABLE i386.

I was hoping someone might be able to offer opinions/comments/pointers.

Thanks.

--
Regards,
Eric