scripting sysinstall / how to get NIC name in config file

User vr uservr at yahoo.com
Sun May 8 16:21:35 PDT 2005

hi,
i'm trying to customize a CD for remote office
installations and one of the problems I need to figure
out is how to get the name for the first network
interface to stick it in install.cfg. In linux it will
always be eth0. In my case
I am dealing with either xl, fxp, rl or ed interfaces,
but I don't know what hardware will be used before
hand. Is there a way to reference the first ethernet
interface in sysinstall config file without knowing
what its exact name will be?

thanks in advance,
slava.

Yahoo! Mail