FreeBSD Installation Horror

FreeBsdBeni freebsdbeni at spymac.com
Sun May 8 02:34:22 PDT 2005

On Thursday 05 May 2005 02:26, Sebastian Reichelt wrote:
> Hello!
>
> As a programmer and computer science student, I wanted to try out
> FreeBSD on my old computer (Pentium 166). Mainly I just want to get to
> know the differences between FreeBSD and Linux, and see whether it
> really has a better design (which many people I know claim).
>
> However, so far I have not been able to install it on my hard drive. I
> have already spent several days on this. Please help me, this is
> becoming really frustrating.

You can also have a look at http://www.pcbsd.org/

From their website :

PC-BSD has as its goals to be an easy to install and use desktop OS, which is
built on the FreeBSD operating system. To accomplish this, it currently has a
graphical installation, which will enable even UNIX novices to easily install
and get it running. It will also come with KDE pre-built, so that the desktop
can be used immediately. Currently in development is a graphical software
installation program, which will make installing pre-built software as easy
as other popular operating systems.

Beni.