Issue with Timezone in KDE

Colin Worthy cworthy at myrealbox.com
Sat May 7 06:18:48 PDT 2005

I am having an odd issue with setting the correct timezone in KDE.  I have set
the correct timezone from the command line and it seems to stay for a while,
but eventually is reverting to UTC time.  I should be in Central Daylight
time (Americas/Chicago).  If I try to set the correct timezone from within
KDE it simply ignores my change and stays set on UTC time.

I am using NTP to try to keep the time on my machine correct.  This problem
has only recently come up.  I am not sure when exactly, but it used to always
have the correct time.

Therefore my machine is currently displaying UTC time, which is about 5 hours
too fast.

I would really appreciate anyones help in trying to figure out what I am doing
wrong.

Thanks,

Colin