4.9-RELEASE Xorg switch question

Alex Zbyslaw xfb52 at dial.pipex.com
Fri May 6 14:50:00 PDT 2005

ravi wrote:

>>    pkg_delete -f /var/db/pkg/imake-4* /var/db/pkg/XFree86-*
>>    cd /usr/ports/x11/xorg && make install
>>    pkgdb -F
>>
>>    Users of -stable or older -current can switch to X.Org by setting
>>    X_WINDOW_SYSTEM=xorg in make.conf and following the same process.
>>

>i did the pkg_delete -f, xorg make install and ran pkgdb -F. i also set
>X_WINDOW_SYSTEM=xorg in /etc/make.conf.
>
>i still get errors from portupgrade, etc., regarding stale dependencies
>on imake-4 and various XFree86 ports.

Stupid question, but you did run these as root?  I followed this same
procedure and remember no hitches.  Even upgraded gnome as well, and
everything came back working.  Clutching at straws, have you cvsup-ed
your ports?  Does pkgdb -F run cleanly?  Does pkg_info show anything
unexpected as being installed (such as imake or XFree)?

--Alex