FreeBSD ip alias

sn1tch dot.sn1tch at gmail.com
Fri May 6 14:19:40 PDT 2005

I have an issue that is driving me mad, it may be something simple
that I am overlooking but any insight would be great.

I have a freebsd machine with 2 nics and one being used. The first has
2 ip addresses, one of them via alias. I have BIND listening x.x.x.19
and regular operations on x.x.x.18. My problem is that apache wants to
listen on both IPs and I dont want someone being able to point their
browser at the ns1.domain.com and see a web page, so how do i get
apache to stop listening on this IP. I have tried binding it to the
.18 address and even setting Listen x.x.x.18:80 but it still wants to
go to the main "apache TLS/SSL has been installed" page when i point
it at x.x.x.19. Any thoughts as to what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

--
You've officially been Gmailed