Clock running fast

Charles Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Wed May 4 15:57:27 PDT 2005

On May 4, 2005, at 6:46 PM, fbsd_user wrote:
>> Running a "sysctl -a kern.timecounter" ought to be a
>> useful starting point for any recent version of FreeBSD.
>
> Your response is not very clear.
> Are you saying that  kern.timecounter.choice is not in 4.10
>
> How can I find out what choices are?

You can find out what the choices are by running the command I gave.
:-)

1-ns1# sysctl -a kern.timecounter
kern.timecounter.method: 0
kern.timecounter.hardware: i8254
2-ns1# uname -a
FreeBSD ns1.pkix.net 4.11-STABLE FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE #3: Tue Apr  5
00:29:47 EDT 2005     root at ns1.pkix.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/NORMAL
i386

If there are more than one available, one can change
kern.timecounter.method to the index of the timecounter method name
that you want.  In practice, most people simply change 0 to 1 and if
that works, stop there.

--
-Chuck