make installworld (remotely)

Lauri Anteploon / ctrl-L lauri at bitifarm.ee
Tue May 3 14:29:49 PDT 2005

Hi.
Im running FreeBSD 5.3-Release #0 and would like to do buildworld and
buildkernel.
The problem is that the machine is a remote one.
Handbook states that to run "mergemaster" and "make installworld" I should
boot into single user mode.
That would mean that I can't access the machine remotely anymore am I
correct?

Would it be okey to run make installworld when running in multiuser mode and
being the only person whos logged on and maby shutting down most of the
network services (leaving my sshd running though) ?

Lauri Anteploon
HYPERLINK "mailto:lauri at bitifarm.ee"lauri at bitifarm.ee
5056999

HYPERLINK "http://www.bitifarm.ee/"