FreeBSD + Heartbeat+ Samba+Rsync

Vince jhary at unsane.co.uk
Mon May 2 04:33:38 PDT 2005

Looks like it is trying to synchronize essential files in /etc.
What do you need to be synchronized between the two boxes? The equivalent
files to the example on FreeBSD are:
# /etc/password - System Password File   -- The Same
# /etc/shadow   - Actual Encrypted passwords.  -- /etc/master.passwd
# /etc/group    - System Group File  --  The Same
# /etc/ld.so.conf - System Linked Libraries.  --- handled through rcNG in
FreeBSD and rc.conf so best use /etc/rc.conf
Also its trying to use /usr/bin/rsync while the ports system installs it in
/usr/local/bin

I'd check what other system files you need synced though, (make.conf, pretty

much anything you have edited in /etc I guess and possibly stuff in
/usr/local/etc)

Vince