cvsup through ssh forwarding

Mark Jayson Alvarez jay2xra at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 31 20:06:38 PST 2005

Good day,
  I'm looking for some sort of way to update the ports
collection in my (private-ip'd) workstation via cvsup
by tunneling it through on of our public-ip'd
machines. Have you ever accomplished the same thing.
Isn't it that ssh forwarding requires you to supply
your username and password in the remote machine such
that the imap/pop polling works well through ssh
tunnelling. What should I give if I am to tunnel a
cvsup connection?

I also came across this document which says that cvsup
has already been implemented through ssh tunnelling.
http://cvsweb.xfree86.org/cvsweb/cvsup/Acknowledgments?rev=1.1.1.5

Any idea?
Thanks.