How to find needed modules for rebuilding kernel

Pat Maddox pergesu at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 14:45:08 PST 2005

Thanks for the info.  My terminology is off...apparently what I really
meant is I'm wondering what drivers I need to compile into the kernel.
 I've done what you've suggested - removed SCSI support, all of the
NIC drivers besides the one I need, etc.  I'm just wondering how I can
find out EXACTLY what I need in there, so I can have as little as
possible.  It's a server, so it has a pretty narrow purpose, and I'd
like to keep the kernel as small and fast as I can.