top display weirdness

Glenn McCalley techlist at bnetmd.net
Thu Mar 31 13:10:04 PST 2005

When I run top, the summary and memory lines at the top of the display are updating in the next line down, overwriting that line.  The process #'s are showing up in the state line, state #'s in the memory line, memory #'s in the swap list.

I saw a post recently about something similar caused by compiling with different userland and core versions or something: this is a straight 5.3 install from the CD set.  Only disk 1 was needed.  This is also the 3rd install from this same disk and the other 2 system do not exhibit the incorrect behavior.  1 of the other 2 system has the same MB, drives, etc.

Ideas appreciated.
Glenn.