gcc error - SOLVED

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Thu Mar 31 11:53:23 PST 2005

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 15:00:05 -0800
Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 26, 2005 at 04:24:42PM +0100, Dick Hoogendijk wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm getting desperate. First I couldn't compile just a gnome
> > package. OK, it could be missed.. But now I want to compile the new
> > KDE-3.4 and it does not work :-( Compiling kdelibs3 I get (again)
> > this annoying error. Googling learned it shows up quit often, but I
> > found no solution. So, what is this and waht can be done about it? I
> > guess it's a gcc compiler error. I deleted all gcc packages that
> > were installed (back to the systems's version - FreeBSD-4.11R). It
> > did not help.
> >
> > The error I get:
> >
> > "c++: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations"
> > The same error happens sometimes with 'cc'
>
> Show us the full error, not a context-free excerpt.

for the record :: PROBLEM IS SOLVED

See
http://freebsd.kde.org/pipermail/kde-freebsd/2004-September/008878.html

[quote]

> > -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include @INCLUDE_des@
>
>                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> That shouldn't be there. It's picked up from krb5-config output
> (from /usr/bin/krb5-config --cflags).
>
> I suspect that the krb5-config you have
> is probably stale (i.e. you installed the crypto distribution from an
> installation CD at some point and subsequently updated your system
> without having MAKE_KERBEROS5=yes set in your /etc/make.conf). If it's
> not stale and you did indeed build kerberos with your world,

So simple! It works! I have an /usr/bin/krb5-config too and after
deleting this rule the compilation went well! Thank you!
=-=end of solve=-=

Remains one question: is it better to rebuild freebsd-4.11-stable WITH
kerberos5 or do I remove that (now) unwanted kerberos5 piece of
software. And if so, how? Because it's in the base, how can it be
removed? Or, again, should I just rebuild world with /etc/make.conf ->
"make_kerberos5=yes"

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.11 ++ FreeBSD 5.3