downgrade 4.11-stable to 4.11R

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Thu Mar 31 11:46:55 PST 2005

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 14:31:27 -0500
Charles Swiger <cswiger at mac.com> wrote:

> On Mar 31, 2005, at 2:26 PM, dick hoogendijk wrote:
> > Is it possible to go back to 4.11R if you've updated src to
> > 4.11-stable first and updated sthe system w/ make buildworld,
> > install..
> >
> > If I put the 4.11R sources back in /usr/src and do a make/build
> > etc.. again will my fbsd system really be 4.11R again without soem
> > 'nasty' traces of the update?
>
> Switch to using RELENG_4_11_RELEASE as your cvsup tag, and you can
> revert your sources back.  You'll be missing the recent security
> patch,  though-- using RELENG_4_11 might be better.
>
> Why do you want to revert back to the older sources?

RELENG_4_11 was the idea. Why I want back? I want my server on the
internet to be as secure as it can be and for what I understand 4.11 is
safer to use as 4-stable (in which always can sneak in little bugs, or
is this to paranoid?)

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.11 ++ FreeBSD 5.3