problem with Azureus

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Thu Mar 31 06:27:48 PST 2005

Warren <shinjii at virusinfo.rdksupportinc.com> writes:

> I recently had trouble with Azureus using approx 53% of my mem and 90% of my
> SWAP so idecided to upgrade my RAM from 512 to 1gig thinking this would solve
> my problem, but alas i was mistaken.
>
> Is there a way i can instruct it so Azureus only uses a certain %?  As it is
> when this program is running it pritty well much bogs down my machine making
> it damn near impossible to do anything else.
>
> It also uses so much it gets to the point where there is no more SWAP left for
> it to use and ends up closing itself down.

You can always use process limits, but that will just cause the
process to close down sooner.

Azureus is a Java application, and Java does its own memory
management.  One implication of this is that its memory use should not
be able to grow unbounded.

A quick search pointed me at:
http://azureus.aelitis.com/wiki/index.php/MemoryUsage