Disable loader.conf when booting? Can't boot because of it ..

Daniel Johansson donnex at donnex.net
Thu Mar 31 05:37:01 PST 2005

Hi, I really need some help here. I'm running a raid0, with vinum, and read
the errata about adding geom_vinum_load="YES" to loader.conf because
vinim_start="YES" in rc.conf paniced my system when booting. I'm running
5.3-RELEASE and the errata mentioned that one too.

So I added gvinum to loader.conf and now I can't boot. All I get is a lot of
scrolling text that says something about gvinum error, can't remember the
exact message but it can't boot anyway. Tried single mode to delete this line
but can't boot into single mode either. Tried disable-module geom_vinum in the
loader but that didn't help either. It loaded the module anyway.

So I'm really desperate here .. is there any way to tell my system to
completly ignore loader.conf when booting so that I at least can access the
system and edit loader.conf?

Please CC to me if you reply.

--
Daniel Johansson - <donnex at donnex.net>