Packages Corrupted

KP newbie at freebsdblog.org
Wed Mar 30 20:25:13 PST 2005

I installed apache, php and mysql with pkg_add, unfortunately I messed up
the directory /var/db during moving and linking. Now when I pkg_delete or
pkg_add any php related packages, always got the error message: "the package
info for package 'pkg' is corrupt", tried "pkgdb -F" and it didn't work.
This is a new server running 5.3 release, just installed serveral packages,
but with the error message, I feel the system totally corrupted. Is it
possible to fix this? Many thanks in advance!
Kevin