ssh - restricted shell

Francisco Reyes lists at natserv.com
Wed Mar 30 15:30:06 PST 2005

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, Duane Winner wrote:

> We have an outsider who we want to allow to ssh into this server and do some
> work.

Althougth I have never done it, you could search documentation on doin
jails in FreeBSD.

I believe Bash has a restricted shell of some sort.

I also have seen restricted shells in Freshmeat.net (about 2 weeks ago saw
one updated).

Based on my very limited knowledge of the topic I would say that
restricted shell is the easiest, but jail is the safest.

--
http://stringsutils.com
Utility for developers. Compute length, MD5, CRC and more.