Help needed Secure Http Tunneling

Mangesh Bhalerao mangesh_bhalerao at da-iict.org
Wed Mar 30 09:07:11 PST 2005

Thanx, dan for the great help I am trying to configure it .

Regards
Mangesh Bhalerao
M.Tech. (II nd Sem)
DA-IICT ,(www.da-iict.org)
Gandhinagar - 382009

Ph#. 9426366185

On Tuesday 29 March 2005 09:04, Mangesh Bhalerao wrote:
> Friends,
>
> Can some one let me know what are the tools
> avilable to have a secure tunneling through a "http proxy + firewall"
> combination. Any help on the configuration would be a great help.

Perhaps stunnel? You can set it up at some port and it can proxy for your
http
proxy. It's been awhile since I used it, but it was very easy to setup.
Performance was ok but it's not for very heavy traffic sites I'd think. Http
over ssl is always slower. If performance isn't the greatest concern but
rather functionality and managability this might be just what you're looking
for. It's in /usr/ports/security/stunnel

Using a high level (scripting) language which has ssl functionality it would
also be quite easy to write your own if it needs some specific (exotic) local
requirements.

HTH,

Dan