cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations

Roland Smith rsmith at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 30 07:14:17 PST 2005

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 03:58:52PM +0200, Dick Hoogendijk wrote:
> I asked about it before and will ask about it again.
> I posted my errors but nobody reacted.
> -(it's hard to see people like anthony /do/ get attention)-

Moths are drawn to flames. ;-)

> It's a freebsd-4.11 system. Ports are up2date. Compiling gnomevfs2
> and/or kdelibs3 I get this error "gcc cannot.." or "c++ cannot.."

Does it really try to compile multiple files with one gcc command?
Usually make doesn't do that. Try capturing the output from the build to
see what goes wrong. Does kdelibs3 use libtool? There could be an error
in the libtool invocation so that the source file ends up twice on the
gcc command line, producing the error.

> So let me ask you here on this list: somebody has compiled kdelibs3
> (version 3.4) on a 4.11R system?

Sorry, 5.3 without KDE.

Roland
--
R.F. Smith                           /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
r s m i t h @ x s 4 a l l . n l      \ /    No HTML/RTF in e-mail