Problems with man

Svein Halvor Halvorsen svein-freebsd-questions at theloosingend.net
Tue Mar 29 23:34:00 PST 2005

* Lord Raiden [2005-03-29 19:55 -0500]
>  > After updating everything to its latest version, did you remember to
>  > mergemaster to update your /etc files?
>
>          Nope, didn't think to do it because I've never had to do it before.
>  This would be a first.  But I did run it and it errored out when I tried it
>  and got this error.  Any ideas?
:
snip
:
>  I cvsup'ed my ports tree and src files, but I didn't update my kernel or core
>  files, only my ports.  Might that cause a problem?

It was probably because you said you updated "everything", that you were
guided to use mergemaster. We now see that you did in fact not update
"everything", just your ports. You should only run mergemaster when
updating your base system. This is also probably why you never used it
before.

Svein Halvor