Anthony's drive issues.Re: ssh password delay

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Tue Mar 29 13:42:52 PST 2005

Anthony Atkielski wrote:

>Bart Silverstrim writes:
>

>>If it doesn't say, the list is referring to the generic
>>off-the-f'ing-shelf version.
>>

>I _have_ the generic, off-the-shelf version of this PC.
>

>>Very good.  And if you take one of them whining about a problem, they
>>point at the list and say, "Tough Sh*t."
>>

>No, they don't.  They point out that they can't support your
>configuration.  Sometimes they offer suggestions, anyway, sometimes they
>don't.  They just aren't _obligated_ to provide any support.

Allow me to define what you just said -

You, Andthony have a Vectra. It has a normal Adaptec controller. It has
modified code in the Adaptec. Soooo - Guess what (See me pointing this
out) FBSD may NOT support an Adaptec card that has HP code inserted in it..

Let's offer you suggestions - get a vanilla Adaptec?

Ok, now some of us won't offer you help.

Oh, BTW - we're not obligated to help you, nor re write a driver. Sorry
- You are now on your own. This ends this thread!

--
Best regards,
Chris

PGP Fingerprint = D976 2575 D0B4 E4B0 45CC AA09 0F93 FF80 C01B C363