Problem using "MAKE"

pete wright nomadlogic at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 10:56:51 PST 2005

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 20:21:07 -0500 (EST), Michael A. Alestock
<michaela at maa-net.net> wrote:
> I'm trying to update my source tree.  When I 'CD' to /usr/src and execute
> the command, "make update"  I get this error....
>
> make: don't know how to make update.  Stop
>
> Am I missing something?  Did I forget to install a port to aid in the MAKE
> process??

check out /etc/make.conf, or if that does not exist copy
/usr/share/example/etc/make.conf to /etc.  I would read this file (and
do a "man 5 make.conf" too).  In make.conf there is a section that
explains using make update.

-pete

--
~~o0OO0o~~