openntpd UTC problem

John Pettitt jpp at cloudview.com
Mon Mar 28 21:08:05 PST 2005

markzero wrote:

>Has anybody had any luck with getting OpenNTPD (net/openntpd) to work
>with anything other than UTC? I'm on GMT and recently we moved into
>daylight savings. As OpenNTPD has decided that I'm on UTC, I'm now
>an hour out (which is causing a few problems, as you can probably
>guess).
>
>Any help would be appreciated,
>Mark

ntp (open and otherwise) only deals in UTC - the time the system shows
when you you type 'date' is a function of UTC and the timezone setting
for the system.  run sysinstall then select configure and timezone to
set the correct timezone from the menu.

On another note openntp is not particularly accurate (if you can live
with +/- 100ms then fine otherwise use ntpd)

John