openntpd UTC problem

Anthony Atkielski atkielski.anthony at wanadoo.fr
Mon Mar 28 20:42:05 PST 2005

markzero writes:

> Has anybody had any luck with getting OpenNTPD (net/openntpd) to work
> with anything other than UTC? I'm on GMT and recently we moved into
> daylight savings. As OpenNTPD has decided that I'm on UTC, I'm now
> an hour out (which is causing a few problems, as you can probably
> guess).

UTC is the same as GMT, within a few seconds.  Neither time zone
observes any change in the summer months.  If you want a change in
summer, you might try something like WET (Western European Time), which
is the same as GMT except that it switches to summer time during the
summer.  You can use tzsetup to pick a time zone.  Remember also that
your local real-time clock on your machine should be set to UTC.  The
NTP protocol always uses UTC internally.

--
Anthony