Anthony's drive issues.Re: ssh password delay

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Mon Mar 28 06:06:12 PST 2005

Anthony Atkielski wrote:
> Ted Mittelstaedt writes:
>

>>Or more likely - they never lost their second Seagate drive like you
>>did and never had HP send out a Quantum replacement?
>

> I never lost a drive on the machine.  I added a second drive after
> purchasing it.
>

>>How could it be an OS bug if nobody else is seeing it on normal aic7880
>>systems?
>

> I'm not sure what you mean by "normal" systems, but clearly there is
> something about this system that FreeBSD is not written to handle.

Yay! *claps*

Isn't that what Ted has been telling you to an extent - that it's the
HP/Compaq microcode in the drivers?

Anthony - have you ever setup a new HP/Compaq server? Ever use the
SmartStart CD's?

In contrast, you CAN'T (hear me again) CAN'T install Windows (shrink
wrap) on the above without them. It's becasue HP/C has propriatarty
drivers.

And why is that? I think Ted covered that well.

--
Best regards,
Chris

The inside contact that you have developed at great
expense is the first person to be let go in any
reorganization.