which shell irc client do you like ?

Paul Waring pwaring at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 02:24:03 PST 2005

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 22:11:27 +0000, Chuck Robey <chuckr at chuckr.org> wrote:
> Just curious if you folks have tried the mozilla application, available
> only from mozilla (not firefox) called chatzilla?  I have tried nearly
> all of the other IRC clients, it's not a minimal one, but it's very very
> nice.

I've tried it, and the last time I did it crashed repeatedly and
brought firefox down with it. Plus I had to set it up on every machine
I connected from and tell it which channels to join, whereas with
irssi I can leave it running 24/7 and so never miss any messages or
have to mess about rejoining a load of different channels/networks.

Seeing as I'm typing in commands like /join and /msg anyway, I don't
see much point in an IRC client with a GUI - where's the extra
functionality?

Paul

--
Rogue Tory