Portupgrade (vs. Portmanager) question

stheg olloydson stheg_olloydson at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 27 23:02:20 PST 2005

it was said:

>But how does it work (/usr/ports/Makefile doesn't have a
>SEARCH statement) and is it documented somewhere, like in a MAN
>page?
>
>The handbook, ¶4.3, mentions 'make search' but doesn't explain
>how it works.

Hello,

It uses /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk. I doubt the options in there
are officially documented, unless they are in the Developer's
Handbook. There used to be a really good replacement for make
search that had a lot of nifty options. Because I rarely used it
(or make search), what it was called is lost to the mists of
foggy memory....

Regards,

stheg