mot de passe root

Peter N. M. Hansteen peter at bgnett.no
Sat Mar 26 13:32:36 PST 2005

Anthony Atkielski <atkielski.anthony at wanadoo.fr> writes:

> I was thinking of UNIX itself, not X servers or related products.

Take a peek in /usr/share/locale and /usr/local/share/locale next time
you're at a FreeBSD or Linux system.

> I doubt that even Apple has bothered to localize any of the UNIX
> software for OS X.

You haven't checked, then.

Unless the company's been taken over by the beancounters again, I'd
imagine localized messages are at least available for roughly the same
languates available for the GUI parts.  The thing is, as long as you
stay away from command line options and scripting/programming language
keywords (yes, I have more than 15 years' experience in the localization
industry, I've seen quite a bit of such foolishness) and the software is
sanely written, messages are fairly straightforward and risk-free to
translate.  .