hyper threading.

Anthony Atkielski atkielski.anthony at wanadoo.fr
Sat Mar 26 10:28:13 PST 2005

Perttu Laine writes:

> I have 3,4ghz ht processor and freebsd shows up only one processors. I
> suppose it should show two in ht models? so, GENERIC kernel doesn't
> support it? but should I add to kernel config to enable it? by reading
> config examples I think this should be enough:
>
> options   SMP

Yes, that's all you need.  Just add that line, rebuild and reinstall the
kernel, and you're all set.  Works great.  Hyperthreading doesn't buy
you as much as truly separate processors, but it helps you get more bang
for the buck out of your single processor (depending on the type of
workload you run).

--
Anthony