mot de passe root

Peter N. M. Hansteen peter at bgnett.no
Sat Mar 26 00:48:27 PST 2005

Anthony Atkielski <atkielski.anthony at wanadoo.fr> writes:

> This discussion seems very strange, since I don't really understand how
> anyone could effectively use FreeBSD (or any flavor of UNIX) without
> understanding English in the first place.  I've never heard of any
> localized versions of UNIX (?).

There's an amazing amount of material that has been localized into quite
a number of languages. I believe Gnome and KDE are pretty much fully
localized to most languages you can think of these days.

I tend to run a Norwegian (Nynorsk or Bokmål, whatever I fancy that day)
KDE desktop myself. An ordinary user would get along fine on a typical
desktop system in their local language, IME. On the other hand your
friendly sysadmin would likely be at a great disadvantage with little or
no English.