Xorg warning & initial installation modifications

Anthony M. Agelastos iqgrande at asu.edu
Fri Mar 25 13:36:17 PST 2005

Hello all and thank you for your help.

I have FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE with the Minimal pre-configure install and I
have installed X.org 6.8.2. Anyways, I notice when I do a startx, that
I get the following output:

xauth: (argv):1:  bad display name "iqast.hsd1.ga.comcast.net:0" in
"remove" command

X still works, however I want things to run as smoothly as possible. In
addition to this problem, I was wondering what the best way of
installing the base documentation (like manpages for the system
commands such as tar) would be?

Thank you all for your help. For some further insight into the system,
I wanted to mention that when I installed it and it asked me to
configure my network via DHCP, I did and it came up with
hsd1.ga.comcast.net. as the domain (including the trailing period) and
I named the computer iqast. Anyways, before I clicked OK, I deleted the
trailing period just because it did not look correct. I have no idea if
this little tidbit of information is beneficial or not. I am new to the
FreeBSD world (this is my first time playing with it) and I am
horrendous at configuring networks, so I apologize now if the problem
above is trivial.