How download installed packages' sourcesfiles

O. Hartmann ohartman at mail.uni-mainz.de
Fri Mar 25 12:35:10 PST 2005

Chuck Swiger schrieb:

> O. Hartmann wrote:
> [ ... ]
>
>> Unforunately "portupdate" does not have a simple functionality to
>> gather all tarballs from each installed port and its friends it
>> depends on.
>> Maybe someone of you has a similar limitation and can help.
>

> Try using "make fetch-recursive" from a port's directory to fetch the
> source tarballs for that port and it's dependencies.  Note that you
> can also create packages from the installed ports and copy those over
> to another machine, and install them directly rather than recompiling
> everything.
>
> [ Start with a "mkdir /usr/ports/packages", and the ports system will
> create package tarballs automaticly under there... ]

All right, this works, but I still have to check what port is installed.

The reason for this uncommon way is, my lab's computer is a i386 machine
while at home I would like to run an amd64
based system without IA32 compatibility. Building packages on the source
machine isn't an option.

Thank you very much for that hint.

Oliver