KDE on FreeBSD 5.3

Rhys Campbell therhysmeister at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 25 10:23:47 PST 2005

KDE on my FreeBSD machine is very slow to start up application. Once the
application is open it is very responsive and user input. The K menu is also
displayed with speed it's just that any application seems to take several
minutes to open.

I'm fairly new to *nix so maybe I've missed something obvious. The only
thing I can think of is that maybe there are a lot of pocess running in the
background that have a higher priority than desktop applications. Any ideas?