Issue with FreeBSD, Compact Flash

Emanuel Strobl emanuel.strobl at gmx.net
Fri Mar 25 09:42:54 PST 2005

Am Freitag, 25. März 2005 15:32 schrieb Matt Juszczak:
> These options were already set.  Any other ideas?  otherwise we're going
> to have to skip the flash card option and put a hard drive in this box

Well, I have no idea other than replacing the card with a generally knwon
working one. I had no problems with Kingston CF cards and if you prefer
DMA-capable cards I'd recommend SanDisk ultraII. But if your CF-Connector
hasn't the neccessary DMA hardwired lines you need to disable ata_dma, though
it's working fine.
I'd perfer experimenting, using a rotating HD is no solution. Have you checked
your card in any other (ata-mode) device? In what kind of hardware do you
plug in your card, Soekris, EPIA, WRAP, or general IDE-CF adapter?

-Harry