AMD64 much slower than i386 on FreeBSD 5.4-pre

Boris Spirialitious hardcodeharry at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 24 20:29:13 PST 2005

I think you may be right. I try Broadcom gigE card
with same results. Very slow for amd64 build. With
same hardware, very good results with 4.9/i386,
not too bad with 5.4-pre/i386, and very, very
poor with 5.4-pre/amd64.

Boris

http://www.atm.tut.fi/list-archive/freebsd-stable/thrd66.html

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?200502171636.10361.drice