iPod USB problems

Paul J. Pathiakis pathiaki at pathiaki.com
Thu Mar 24 14:32:44 PST 2005

> Yes, all I have is the /dev/da0 device.

Well, first off, I'm not getting those CAM retry errors...

second, I noticed this:

da0: 1.000MB/s transfers
da0: 19073MB (39063024 512 byte sectors: 255H 63S/T 2431C)

I still have the same problem though; only da0 shows up in
/dev , and it still can't be mounted. "camcontrol devlist" now lists my
iPod as,

<snip>

message "camcontrol: cam_open_btl: no passthrough device found at
1:0:0".
Perhaps I've just misunderstood what camcontrol eject expects.

What SCSI options are in your kernel?  (I'm REALLY reaching here, just
trying to help...)

I noticed that it says "no passthrough device",

I have no idea, but, I have the fully SCSI device set in my kernel,
including the passthrough device, pass.  If you do, then, I guess we
just have to believe it's having trouble talking to the device and due
to the trouble, it's not detecting the passthrough device because it
never negotiated the SCSI target correctly.

# SCSI peripherals
device          scbus           # SCSI bus (required for SCSI)
device          ch              # SCSI media changers
device          da              # Direct Access (disks)
device          sa              # Sequential Access (tape etc)
device          cd              # CD
device          pass            # Passthrough device (direct SCSI
access)
device          ses             # SCSI Environmental Services (and
SAF-TE)

P.