iPod USB problems

Paul J. Pathiakis pathiaki at pathiaki.com
Thu Mar 24 12:22:46 PST 2005

On Thursday 24 March 2005 13:47, Ulf Magnusson wrote:

> da0 at umass-sim1 bus 1 target 0 lun 0
> da0: <Apple iPod 1.62> Removable Direct Access SCSI-0 device
> da0: Serial Number JQ5040KTPS9
> da0: 1.000MB/s transfers
> da0: 19073MB (39063024 512 byte sectors: 255H 63S/T 2431C)
>
> I still have the same problem though; only da0 shows up in
> /dev , and it still can't be mounted. "camcontrol devlist" now lists
> my iPod as,

btw, have you done a simple:

ls -sald /dev/da0*

?

I'm working on this right now, and I found the 'pod at /dev/da0s2

However, the pod is having issues.  If I boot the pod from the machine
when down, it's recognized and everything is fine.

However, if I try to connect after I'm up, I get the umass device but
not the da0 device.  Just weird.

P.