mot de passe root

Peter Risdon peter at circlesquared.com
Thu Mar 24 11:34:42 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 12:49 -0500, Bob Johnson wrote:

> There is no call to splinter into many languages.

*sigh*

The starting point for this was a post which seemed to me to be doing
just that. If you interpret that posting differently, and you haven't
said whether you do, then that's our point of difference. Perhaps I
misread the OP, in which case there's nothing to discuss and
everything's fine and dandy.

>  This list has for at
> least the past eight years been multilingual.

Kind of... it's an English language list to which posts are sometimes
made in other languages. When that happens, generally one of the
poster's fellow nationals gently reminds them that it's an English
language list, and sometimes translates their questions so others can
try to help. Sometimes not. It's informal, as we both know. But to call
it multilingual is at best an exaggeration.

>  It is your call to make
> it English-only that is new.

I have no idea why you're trying to misrepresent what I was saying. It's
starting to feel mildly bizarre.

Peter.