FreeBSD-5.4 PreRelease vs HP OmniBook XE2

Stacey Roberts stacey at vickiandstacey.com
Wed Mar 23 21:46:36 PST 2005

Hello Nick,
      Thanks for the kind reply.

Hi Nick!

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005, Nick Pavlica wrote:

> Hi Stacey,
>   What results do you get when you generate/test a new configuration
> file for XORG?  I'm sure that you have been to the on line docs, but I
> thought I would provide a link just in case:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x11.html

That's what I used as the instruction set for setting up X on the laptop.

The resulting xorg.conf.new that is prodeuced from "Xorg -configure" pretty much works, in
terms of allowing me to launch X / Gnome at 600x480 resolution. Any attempts to tune xorg.conf
fails.

It just strikes me as odd that I didn't have these problems under FreeBSD-4 / XFree86. I'm
waiting for a responder to request the actual xorg.conf file itself as its rather large
for posting.

Thanks again for taking the time.

Regards,

Stacey