ssh sessions getting "paused" on idle

Charles Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Wed Mar 23 11:49:26 PST 2005

On Mar 23, 2005, at 4:55 AM, Riaan Annandale wrote:
> I ssh to anything over 10 machines at a time and leave the xterms idle.
> When I come back to a session and press enter / start typing, it takes
> few seconds to come alive. Almost as if the connection got canned.

Well, it could be anything from a delay because the ssh processes are
idle and have been swapped out to network delays.  Does your disk
become active when you resume an idle session, or are you simply seeing
a 1-2 second delay as the network traffic gets exchanged and the
session becomes active?

--
-Chuck